Sunday, August 10, 2008

11/8/08

I've decided I'll do 3 comics. I think I'll be able to complete that number in time to meet the deadline, complete with like a commentary on how I did it, my thought processes and so forth. I want to try a couple of different of styles which I hope will fit the stories.

Comic #1: A day in the life of a particular schoolgirl. This will be sketched with paper and pencil, scanned into a computer, then inked and coloured on Photoshop. It'll probably be my only colour comic. I haven't really done colour before so I'll have to think about what works when choosing a colour palette. As the comic will be about a rather disorganised girl I intend to do the comic in a loose, messy style to reflect her personality. This won't be a challenge as most of my drawings are like that anyway.

Comic #2: This comic is intended to contrast #1. It's about a (stereotypical) 'perfect' girl. I'm going to do it as a montage: A series of shots, which combined together show a single idea. So basically, I'll show her winning races, helping starving children in Africa and stuff. This would also be a good opportunity for caricature and exaggeration. I intend to use a very neat line style which will be different for me. This might be done on the computer as that would be the best way to achive the finished look I'm after, however I need to consider how much access I'll have to computers.

Comic #3: This comic is based around a homeroom for a week and how it gets progressively filthier and ends up kicked out. It's obviously based on real event but with comics (like movies) you cut out the unnecessary stuff, streamline the story from start to finish and punchline. I sketched out a draft but it's rather straightforward, step by step stuff and therefore rather boring. I'll have to rethink it.

3 weeks to go! I think I can manage a comic per week.

No comments: