Wednesday, August 6, 2008

6/8/08



Completed so far- the plan, a sketch for one comic and begun another. I have a vague idea for the next two but nothing concrete. This seems to be something I figure out on paper- visualising the whole comic from start from finish I don’t really do. They seem to be mostly silent comics but for one of them I’d like to focus on text as placement of word bubbles is something which puzzles me. For that one I’d also like to do a script. Scripts are important for the more complicated comics/graphic novels especially ones by writer/artist teams such as the Sandman chronicles by Neil Gaiman. An extremely popular graphic novel series.

I find when sketching my outlines I draw a lot on stuff learnt in Making Comics by Scott McCloud, a book I got out when first interested in comics. Scott McCloud is a comics theorist who really opened my eyes to the possibilities of comics. Before I read him I only had the vaguest sort of idea of some sort of webcomic. But now...

A poor quality photo of an initial sketch:


No comments: