Thursday, August 21, 2008

22/8/08

Week 3 is almost over. I've got the sketches for #1 and #3 but #2 ...eh. I need something more concrete than the slight idea I've got. However the actual drawing should be less work as I'm thinking of doing it more illustration/text rather than the traditional comic look. Or maybe manga?

But I've done the panels (in photoshop) for #1 . The way I did it was a bit roundabout as I had to experiment as I did it. But it ended up looking great and quite professional. I put in some of the text as well- like the sound effects and so forth.

When doing panels you have to think about the flow and pacing of the story. It's a bit like movie screenshots. Only instead of them moving in front of you they're stationary on the page and you follow them with your eyes.
How the panels are arranged affects the flow of the story.


---Scott Mccloud on panels.

The final version of the comics is done on the computer. I scan my sketches in and use Photoshop and a Wacom tablet to draw the comic.
The tablet I use:
Tablets are great to work with. I have the same drawing freedom as with pencil and paper plus all the added options of using a computer. The greatest of these is the undo button.
So far I am working on #1 on the computer. Yeah, I'm kind of behind schedule but if I can work in the week before holidays I reckon I can make it. Plus all of this is leading up to doing my webcomic!






No comments: