Wednesday, August 6, 2008

7/8/08: Character Design

I've been sketching some outlines for comics but I realised I need a clearer idea of what the people look like. So here's some character designs. Not very complex characters because they don't need to be for the short, simple stories I'm going to do. Also their personalities need to be conveyed almost entirely in pictures- this is where stereotypes come in handy, though you want to avoid predictability. Another point to consider is that these are just highschool kids. They're not going to be too dramatic and far out. Unless of course I was doing some sort of mangaish highschool story. They often have incredibly dramatic and unrealistic students which, come to think of it could be fun to do as a parody maybe?
Some character design:

No comments: